Penne with Sausage, Eggplant, and Feta

1

Meaty breakfast sausage, earthy eggplant, and zesty feta complement each other in this hearty pasta dish.

"This was so amazingly quick, easy, and delicious. My husband does not like eggplant so he gave it the evil eye then proceeded to eat two huge servings!" said reviewer fittaraw.

Meaty breakfast sausage, earthy eggplant, and zesty feta complement each other in this hearty pasta dish.


Yield:
4 servings (serving size: 2 cups)

Ingredients

  • 4 1/2 cups cubed peeled eggplant (about 1 pound)
  • 1/2 pound bulk pork breakfast sausage
  • 4 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 tablespoons tomato paste
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
  • 6 cups hot cooked penne (about 10 ounces uncooked tube-shaped pasta)
  • 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Preparation

Cook eggplant, sausage, and garlic in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until sausage is browned and eggplant is tender. Add tomato paste and the next 3 ingredients (through tomatoes); cook over medium heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Place pasta in a large bowl. Add tomato mixture, cheese, and parsley; toss well.
Nutritional Information

Calories 535
Caloriesfromfat 31 %
Fat 18.9 g
Satfat 7.6 g
Monofat 7.5 g
Polyfat 2.1 g
Protein 25.5 g
Carbohydrate 67.5 g
Fiber 4.6 g
Cholesterol 57 mg
Iron 4.5 mg
Sodium 884 mg
Calcium 141 mg
Tags

Post a Comment

1Comments
  1. It was a wonderful experience knowing Dr Utu.
    I had a sudden onset of cold sores and a new one was appearing each day. I'm on primary immunosuppressant I noticed my body just can't fight this virus on its own. After five days of treatment and no success I suspected herpes I went for test and it was confirmed. I knew I was in trouble as I've already lost appetite for everything about life I've heard of people who suffered this disease for years with no hope of solution. Imagine the pain and trauma keeping it a secret. God was my strength I met a doctor for treatment who after telling him of my ailment he advised me to start with herbal medicines if I wish to live longer than doctors estimate He taught me the strong effects of plants on animals and how possible nature have perfected itself. He gave me Dr Utu's contact. I contacted him immediately, I told him the whole history which he gave me satisfactory answer. I purchased and started using his herbs as he had directed. This medication was far amazing that within 24-48 hrs the blisters were crusting over. The swelling and redness was decreasing as well. I continued on dosage as prescribed one week later I noticed total comfort in my body system, I informed the doctor who advised me to continue medication till later end I was on four weeks herpes medication which I completed before going for test. I went for herpes test and then again back to my doctor who confirmed me herpes negative it was really like a dream. What a relief! I thank you greatly Dr Utu for giving me back my life I'm the happiest man on earth. Reach Dr Utu directly via email: drutuherbalcure@gmail.com. TO CURE YOUR DISEASES WITH HERBAL MEDICINES

    ReplyDelete
Post a Comment
To Top