Hepatitis A

7

Hepatitis A is a highly contagious liver infection caused by the hepatitis A virus. The virus is one of several types of hepatitis viruses that cause inflammation and affect your liver's ability to function.

You're most likely to contract hepatitis A from contaminated food or water or from close contact with someone who's infected. Mild cases of hepatitis A don't require treatment, and most people who are infected recover completely with no permanent liver damage.

Practicing good hygiene, including washing hands frequently, is one of the best ways to protect against hepatitis A. Vaccines are available for people most at risk.

Symptoms

Hepatitis A signs and symptoms, which typically don't appear until you've had the virus for a few weeks, may include:
  1. Fatigue
  2. Nausea and vomiting
  3. Abdominal pain or discomfort, especially in the area of your liver on your right side beneath your lower ribs
  4. Clay-colored bowel movements
  5. Loss of appetite
  6. Low-grade fever
  7. Dark urine
  8. Joint pain
  9. Yellowing of the skin and eyes (jaundice)



If you have hepatitis A, you may have a mild illness that lasts a few weeks or a severe illness that lasts several months. Not everyone with hepatitis A develops signs or symptoms.

When to see a doctor

Make an appointment with your doctor if you have signs or symptoms of hepatitis A.

If you've been exposed to hepatitis A, having a hepatitis A vaccine or immunoglobulin therapy within two weeks of exposure may protect you from infection. Ask your doctor or your local health department about receiving the hepatitis A vaccine if:
  • You've traveled internationally recently, particularly to Mexico or South or Central America, or to areas with poor sanitation
  • A restaurant where you recently ate reports a hepatitis A outbreak
  • Someone close to you, such as someone you live with or your caregiver, is diagnosed with hepatitis A
  • You recently had sexual contact with someone who has hepatitis A.

Causes



The hepatitis A virus, which causes the infection, usually is spread when a person ingests even tiny amounts of contaminated fecal matter. The hepatitis A virus infects liver cells and causes inflammation. The inflammation can impair liver function and cause other signs and symptoms of hepatitis A.

Hepatitis A virus can be transmitted several ways, such as:
  • Eating food handled by someone with the virus who doesn't thoroughly wash his or her hands after using the toilet
  • Drinking contaminated water
  • Eating raw shellfish from water polluted with sewage
  • Being in close contact with a person who's infected — even if that person has no signs or symptoms
  • Having sex with someone who has the virus

Risk factors


  • Travel or work in regions with high rates of hepatitis A.
  • Attend child care or work in a child care center.
  • Are a man who has sexual contact with other men.
  • Are HIV positive.
  • Have a clotting-factor disorder, such as hemophilia.
  • Use injected or non injected illicit drugs.
  • Live with another person who has hepatitis A.
  • Have oral-anal contact with someone who has hepatitis A.

Complications



Unlike other types of viral hepatitis, hepatitis A does not cause long-term liver damage, and it doesn't become chronic.

In rare cases, hepatitis A can cause loss of liver function that occurs suddenly, especially in older adults or people with chronic liver diseases. Acute liver failure requires hospitalization for monitoring and treatment. Some people with acute liver failure may require a liver transplant.

Test and Diagnosis

Blood tests are used to detect the presence of hepatitis A in your body. A sample of blood is taken, usually from a vein in your arm, and sent to a laboratory for testing.

Treatments and drugs



No specific treatment exists for hepatitis A. Your body will clear the hepatitis A virus on its own. In most cases of hepatitis A, the liver heals within six months with no lasting damage.

Hepatitis A treatment usually focuses on coping with your signs and symptoms. You may need to:
  • Rest. Many people with hepatitis A infection feel tired and sick and have less energy.
  • Cope with nausea. Nausea can make it difficult to eat. Try snacking throughout the day rather than eating full meals. To get enough calories, eat more high-calorie foods. For instance, drink fruit juice or milk rather than water.
  • Rest your liver. Your liver may have difficulty processing medications and alcohol. Review your medications, including over-the-counter drugs, with your doctor. Don't drink alcohol while infected with hepatitis.


Source : 

Post a Comment

7Comments
  1. My name is Nora Chichi, and i want to thank Dr. Ozala for the herbal remedy he gave to me, i was suffering from Hepatitis A for so many years, but to God be the glory that i am healed with the herbal medicine that Dr. Ozala gave to me when i contacted him. i want to use this medium to tell everyone that the solution to our sickness has come, so i will like you to contact this great healer on his email address:(drozalahomeremedy@gmail.com) or whatsapp: +2347064614569, with him all your pains will be gone, i am really happy today that i am cured of Hepatitis A, i am now free from Hepatitis A after the use of his herbal medicine. Once more i say a big thank you Dr. Ozala for healing me, i say may God continue to bless you abundantly and give you more power to keep helping those that want your help in their lives. contact him now on his email: (drozalahomeremedy@gmail.com) or His Whatsapp number: +2347064614569...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Nora Chichi, and i want to thank Dr. Ozala for the herbal remedy he gave to me, i was suffering from Hepatitis A for so many years, but to God be the glory that i am healed with the herbal medicine that Dr. Ozala gave to me when i contacted him. i want to use this medium to tell everyone that the solution to our sickness has come, so i will like you to contact this great healer on his email address:(drozalahomeremedy@gmail.com) or whatsapp: +2347064614569, with him all your pains will be gone, i am really happy today that i am cured of Hepatitis A, i am now free from Hepatitis A after the use of his herbal medicine. Once more i say a big thank you Dr. Ozala for healing me, i say may God continue to bless you abundantly and give you more power to keep helping those that want your help in their lives. contact him now on his email: (drozalahomeremedy@gmail.com) or His Whatsapp number: +2347064614569...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been suffering from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) disease for the past four years and had constant pain. During the first year, I had faith in God that i would be healed someday. This disease started circulating all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from Herpes Simplex Virus and he also gave the email address of this man and advise anyone to contact him for any kind of problem that he would be of help, so i wrote to Dr Chukwu Madu herbal home telling him about my (Herpes Virus) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! Though i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as the Dr Chukwu Madu assured me, after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if i have be finally healed behold it was TRUE.., So friends if anyone have such problem and need help contact Doctor Chukwu Madu on. email
    (dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com) OR WhatsApp him (+2347030936239)
    1...HERPES CURE .
    2...ALS CURE .
    3..GET A JOB SPELL.
    4.EPILEPSY .
    5...PROMOTION IN THE OFFICE .
    6...LOVE SPELL.
    7...DIABETES CURE .
    8...HIV CURE.
    9...HPV CURE .
    10>>EX BACK.
    11... Kidney stone. 
      

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was the first time my granddaughter came to me and confided about her battle with oral and genital herpes and her self destructive thoughts.
    A gaping vacuum of fear and love opened inside me. I knew what it felt like for her to be in such a situation. But after hearing how someone I loved so dearly struggled I have no option but to promise her help. I wanted to help in all possible ways. I sought counsels from an old and experienced nurse whom I've known to deal on natural herbs because I believed in nature. After hearing from me she smiled and before I could say another word she replied me there's cure but natural herbs. I don't care as long as my child is cured! I shouted. She told me about a doctor in Africa who has cured people of herpes. She gave me his email drutuherbalcure@gmail.com ,I contacted him immediately and then ordered medicine for my child which he sent through the UPS courier to me. My daughter started medication and the next day her mouth sores were physically healing and she told me it's working and within four weeks she testified to me that she was cured! I've always believed that nature has cure for any diseases and I'm happy to tell everyone my child is cured.
    Six months later we went for another test to be sure and here is the result,
    Six months after medications;
    Her hsv1&2 test results;
    Igm - 1.49
    IgG - 0.36
    She don't have any symptoms again and has moved on happily and is now in a serious relationship with her fiancee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I experienced dark urine and ribs pain, so I went to the hospital for treatment and I was diagnosed for chronic HEPATITIS B. The doctor gave me drugs to slowdown the viral load which later worsens the ailment because the drugs weren’t effective anymore. And I was so scared because they say it has no cure, I told a friend about it and luckily he told me he ones battled same problem in the past but he was saved by Dr. Iyabiye. He gave me his contact and I reached him and I became well and tested negative after the treatment. Here is his contact if you have such case. Contact: +234-815-857-7300, (iyabiyehealinghome@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ULTIMATE HEALTH HOME THERE TREATMENT IS VERY GOOD,AM ALSO USING THERE TREATMENT

    ReplyDelete
Post a Comment
To Top